Monday, January 23, 2006

Back, if not yet in the swing of things

It turned out to be a "no blogging weekend," although that is common when I head back to the old homestead. I'm not yet fully into the swing of things, and I see I missed a lot of interesting local happenings (during my drive north, I lost the signal of 620 AM WTMJ before the tire slashing case had fully gone to hell in a handbasket). Until I get caught up, I'm going to offer up a little food for thought.

There were dueling abortion rallies in San Francisco this weekend, and one notable participant in the pro-choice rally had written on her pregnant belly, "My baby is pro-choice." I'm sure, if we could all communicate with a developing baby, it would be pro-choice, but pro his or her own choice, not its mom's. And I'm pretty sure that it would choose to get the hell out of its mom's womb as soon as possible to make sure she didn't take the opportunity to trump its choice with her own.

No comments: