Friday, January 06, 2006

Follow up on sex offender case

Back in August I wrote about my irritation with Wisconsin's sexual offender program. The source of my irritation was a known sex offender who lives in my neighborhood, a neighborhood quite close to an elementary school and an offender that I had seen outside having unsupervised contact with kids. Today I was gratified to learn that local authorities did something about this. The local paper (no link) reported that the sex offender, who'd been convicted of three counts of 1st degree sexual assault of a child, and his wife have been charged with "child sex offender working with children as party to a crime." The article did not go into great depth, but I've gleaned that the wife was running some sort of childcare from their home. I hope that they are both found guilty and given stiff sentences.

No comments: