Sunday, January 08, 2006

Blogging cuts

I've resolved myself to start reading books more. Prior to starting this blog, I used to be a pretty avid book reader. In an effort to make this the best site that I could, I let my book reading fall to the wayside while I greatly increased my intake of news and opinion. I went from reading many books in a year to a few that I could finish during the course of my business trips (flying does wonders for your ability to sit down and really crank through a book). Unfortunately, I have a huge backlog of books that I've purchased with every good intention of reading but haven't. Today I added about 1300 plus pages to that list when I bought 1776, Hell in a Very Small Place, and The Last Valley. The latter two books were recommended to me when GBfan (formerly of the blog Spottedhorse) at the Badger Blog Alliance Christmas party. I'm very anxious to read these three books, and I'm going to find the time to do a little everyday. Still, the blog is important to me, so I doubt I'll ever devour books the way the lovely Mrs. Jib does because it will still get my full attention. In 2005, she read 92 books (yes, she keeps count.

No comments: