Sunday, January 08, 2006

Making an exception in order to explain

For the record, in order to write this post, I had to slam my hands in a door. I'm using the old humorous theory that the only way to ignore one pain is by introducing a greater pain. The pain that I'm trying to ignore is that I'm about to write a post on Eugene Kane.

Kane has a new blog, and he was smart enough to realize that if he wanted traffic, it was best to antagonize. Now everyone on the right side of the Wisconsin blogosphere seems to be writing about Kane and his new blog. I guess it is only appropriate that Kane's blog antagonizes, because that's all he is really good at, antagonizing. I've read Kane for quite a while now, and I used to get upset at many to most of his columns. Over time I learned that Kane isn't really about helping his community through his writing, though. Kane is about getting attention through antagonizing and that's it. That's why I have an unofficial policy of not giving him the time of day at this blog. Giving him the attention rewards him, and I hate rewarding Eugene Kane, even if I only send one new reader his way. Out of good blogging etiquette, I'm going to toss a link his way. After that, I'll be done with Kane for another 8-10 months (the frequency with which I refer to him at this site.)

No comments: