Thursday, November 30, 2006

Procrastination will get you every time

After consultations with the lovely Mrs. Jib, I have decided that my combined Christmas/birthday/anniversary/Valentine's gift this year is going to go toward the purchase price of a snowblower. Over the long Thanksgiving weekend she kept telling me to go buy the snowblower that I wanted. I procrastinated. I figured I would just go to the place in town here where I got my lawn mower from when I was good and ready. I've now discovered that they've gone out of business on the eve of our first snowstorm of the year.

A DEVELOPING WINTER STORM IS FORECAST TO TRACK FROM THE MID
MISSISSIPPI VALLEY THURSDAY NIGHT TO THE EASTERN GREAT LAKES BY
FRIDAY. THE TRACK OF THIS STORM IS FAVORABLE FOR PRODUCING HEAVY
SNOW IN EXCESS OF 6 INCHES FOR MUCH OF SOUTHEAST WISCONSIN. IN
ADDITION STRONG NORTHEAST WINDS MAY PRODUCE BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW.

Sitting here without a snowblower, I'm really, really hoping they're wrong about this one.

Update
I bought one and, thanks to my brother-in-law, got it home tonight (special thanks to Chris who offered to help me transport the snowblower as well). So this means that Jefferson County will not see a flake of snow from this storm.

No comments: