Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Still more post election thoughts

*It would have been nice if President Bush had invested some of that political capital he bragged about in January 2005 instead of squandering it on the political equivalent of gum balls and belly button lint.

*I was wrong in my prediction that Republicans would hold slim leads in both houses of Congress.

*It is now put up or shut up time for Democrats. The floor is theirs and they can no longer merely oppose Republicans.

*I'm optimistically hoping that a little ownership in dealing with the threats this nation faces sobers the Democrats and creates a little healthier rhetoric from them.

*The whole "united country" idea is largely a myth. I don't think I've ever seen this country united in my 30 years.

*You can remove George Allen and Bill Frist from your 2008 Presidential hopefuls list. They still might be hopeful, but they both have no chance.

*How long before Justice Ginsburg or Stevens (or both) retires? They don't have to wait out President Bush anymore.

No comments: