Friday, May 05, 2006

Boycott MI3 with me

I'm not the boycott type person, but I'm going to make an exception for Mission Impossible III. First, I loathe Tom Cruise. I loathe his big fake smile. I loathe what he is doing to Katie Holmes. I loathe Scientology. That would normally be enough, but then tonight I went to the Chicago Tribune. I wanted to go to the Trib blogs that I read regularly when this happened to my screen:


Here's a tip for online marketers. People will respond to online advertising...unless you interfere with their online experience. This was a huge intrusion upon my experience at the Tribune. Not only did I not go to the official site to see more about MI3, I closed out the window and didn't read a damn thing at the Tribune's site. And now here I am, encouraging others not to see Tom Cruise's latest flick.

No comments: