Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Two new pet peeves

I've got two new pet peeves, and I'd like to share them with everyone.

New pet peeve #1: Flip-flops worn at work.
I'm sorry ladies, but you are exclusively responsible for this pet peeve. You should not be wearing flip-flops in the office. The modern office is a cubicle farm that is encapable of blocking out noises. Therefore, when I am deep in concentration or in the middle of an important call, I can hear you walking from half way across the office. Flip, flop, flip, flop, flip, flop, flip, flop. This didn't begin to bother me until one hot day at work. On that day, three different people in my area were wearing flip-flops. And their feet were sweating. And they all walked around a lot that day, with their feet making a disgusting schhhhlip-schhhhlop sound. Now, in addition to disturbing me while I work, the sound of flip-flops make my skin crawl.

New pet peeve #2: Non-phoenetic unusual names
I'm a conservative, so I tend to prefer normal names, but I don't besmirch anyone their unusual names. I'll even try my damndest to pronounce it correctly. Just don't button hook me when I'm not expecting it by pronouncing the name differently than it looks. The most egregious sin? Silent syllables. C'mon, now. That's not even fair.

No comments: