Monday, May 01, 2006

A quote to remember in 2008

John McCain is going to spend the next year and a half romancing conservatives ahead of the 2008 Presidential primaries. He's already been at it for several months, and I've seen a couple start to swoon. I just hope every conservative, especially conservative bloggers who enjoy their freedom to say what they want about politics, to remember this McCain quote, made on the Don Imus show last week (HT: Captain's Quarters):

"He [Michael Graham] also mentioned my abridgement of First Amendment rights, i.e. talking about campaign finance reform....I know that money corrupts....I would rather have a clean government than one where quote First Amendment rights are being respected, that has become corrupt. If I had my choice, I’d rather have the clean government."

There is the true John McCain. He'd rather see government creep further and further into your rights than to see those rights be respected. Don't forget it as he starts whispering sweet nothings into the ears of all conservatives. (Audio here)

No comments: