Sunday, May 07, 2006

Disaffected

Dispassionate. Unmotivated. Hopeless. Alienated.

I'm not sure which is they right word for how I feel about politics and the Republican party right now. Maybe it is all of them. Both Congressinal and State Legislative Republicans have taken the starch right out of me with their horrific leadership the last couple of years. I have a tremendous desire to unplug myself from politics.

Now, there may be a Republican or two that would be short sighted enough to hope that I will (I won't, by the way). After all, with fewer people like me buzzing in their ears, the easier it is for them to rule their fiefdoms as they see fit. Unfortunately for them, if people like me start unplugging from politics, they are going to be woefully short of friendly voters come election day. The vacillation they show, the unsound policies they back, and the questionable positions they take all leave me wanting. The bad news for Republicans is that feelings like this in the electorate could spell disaster for them in this year's elections. The good news is they'll have two years to turn themselves the hell around before the next presidential election.

No comments: