Saturday, May 05, 2007

Cinco de Mayo

Today I am thankful for my current neighborhood. Previous to that, I lived in a neighborhood with a somewhat high population of Mexican immigrants (of both the legal and illegal variety). We all have our holidays that we celebrate, and during which some of us over imbibe. That's no big deal to me. Cinco de Mayo was a mess in the old neighborhood, though. I could usually count on a large, drunk contingent outside my door until the early morning hours. I could also usually count on multiple people vomiting outside, sometimes multiple times. On one special May 6th, there was a large puddle of vomit outside my front door. I don't miss that in the least. So happy Cinco de Mayo, and if you drink too much, stay the hell away from my house, please.

No comments: