Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Jimmy Carter is a crazy old hoot

It's the damndest thing. Towards the end of the 90's, I was starting to feel sorry for Jimmy Carter, which was odd for me since despite the fact that I thought I was Democrat for many years, I never really liked him. I thought he was rehabilitating his legacy. I thought maybe, just maybe, ol' Jimmy might be remembered fondly by history for his post presidency, if never for his presidency. I even participated in Habitat for Humanity in college. Then as the 21st century marched on, that thought quickly crumbled. He has been destroying his post-presidential legacy more efficiently than he destroyed his presidential legacy. President Carter, I'd just like to offer you a little advice. You got your Nobel Peace Price. Now you are just making a tremendous ass of yourself, all over again. Retire. Write books about your rural upbringing. Continue to build homes with Habitat for Humanity. But when it comes to politics and foreign affairs, just shut the hell up. Our current position is more than a little in part to your presidency. You have no standing from which to criticize, and doing so just makes you look like the crazy old bastard you may indeed be.

No comments: