Wednesday, May 30, 2007

One Billion Mercury Spills

Dennis the Peasant (via Moxie) goes after the One Billion Bulbs project. I have my own project, the One Billion Mercury Spills project. In this project, I'm calling on the world to slip one billion compact fluorescent light bulbs into their garbage bags instead of properly recycling them. The goal of this project is to see how long it takes for people to get up in arms over mercury seeping into the ground water via normal human disregard for recycling. If you toss a CFL in your garbage, make note of it in the comments, anonymously. I don't care enough to actually keep a count, but maybe somebody will tally the comments to see where we're at.

Additionally, I may start a futures market on the appearance of the first doomsday MSM piece on the environmental hazards of CFLs. Or I may not. Again, I probably don't care enough to actually set it up. But we all know that piece is going to happen, it is just a matter of when.

No comments: