Friday, May 25, 2007

Tag, I'm it

I'm not exactly sure what it is I'm supposed to do here, so I'll just follow Marcus's lead as best I can.

1. All things considered, I'm not a very material guy. Everything has a utility to me, and as long as it continues to work for me, I'm usually happy. In other words, I'm not the type of person who has to have the latest and greatest car or computer or camera, etc., as long as the ones that I have are doing their job to my satisfaction.

2. I'm incredibly vain about my softball playing prowess. I've only just come to that conclusion as my body has slowed ever so slightly and I've noticed that younger players are starting surpass me and my skills. I now get madder about not being able to do what I could five years ago than I do about losing.

3. I'm handier around the house than my wife realizes, mostly because I resist taking on Quixotic projects. (She'll dispute this one, of course).

4. I'm a direct descendent of a Chippewa Chief who at an advanced age stopped the removal of his people from Wisconsin to Minnesota with a face to face meeting with a U.S. President. I'm also a direct descendant of Abe Lincoln's maternal grandfather, which also makes me a very distant cousin of Tom Hanks. Additionally, both of those facts are the result of research by family members, and I have a need to independently do the research myself to verify it, but I just haven't gotten to it. Yet.

5. When I was sixteen, I cracked my sternum in a collision in a baseball game. It hurt like hell to sneeze, laugh, and even breath hard for most of that summer, but I never went to a doctor for it. To this day, when I stretch my chest I can make my sternum pop much in the same way you might crack your knuckles. And if you're wondering, the other guy ended up with a broken jaw.

As always, I don't tag others with memes. If you want to do the meme, consider yourself tagged and say that I was the one ya got it from.

No comments: