Monday, December 20, 2004

More on the idiots of the great white North

This is a little dated now, but I just found out about it this weekend. Some idiot in Mankato, Minnesota, was selling bumper stickers that read "Save a hunter, shoot a Mung". We'll have to wait until next fall to see if Northern Wisconsin and Minnesota have held onto their collective sanity, but that bumper sticker is a page straight out of anti-spear fishing idiots' book. Their slogan was, "Save a Walleye, Spear a Squaw". It's nice to see the dumb asses are creative in getting their moronic message across. It is also nice to see that these mentally challenged ignoramuses can spell. Maybe I'm just a bleeding heart conservative for thinking that people could handle this whole thing with maturity.

3 comments:

Drew said...

I've noticed that some of the stupidest comments have come from people who don't even live up north, whereas the people most closely affected by the tragedy--the families of the victims--have refused to make this a racial issue. That gives me hope. (Or am I kidding myself?)

Jib said...

I think that most people will be much more rational about this than they were about spearing. What I fear are the isolated idiots, though. Much like how Vang was an isolated idiot, it only takes one fool next year, seeking retribution in his twisted mind, to make this even uglier.

Drew said...

Ah, that's true. Consider my hope dashed to pieces on the rocks of reality.

Just a little anyway.