Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Pooped

Parents out there, I have to give ya snaps. I don't know how you do it. Here was my day.

I got early this morning. I get up early every Monday and Wednesday because I start early and end early those days in order to coach a Little League team with a college friend who has a son on the team. After a long, stressful day, hair graying day, I leave work a little later than normal. I pick up the lovely Mrs. Jib and her sister, and we drive 40 minutes to the field. I proceed to get the equipment and get the kids started. Two and a half brutal hours later, the game is over and it is time to rake the field and drag all of the equipment back to the equipment room. Then I head over to the local movie theater to take Mrs. Jib and her sister to Batman Begins (I highly recommend it, btw). I got home at 11:40, and I am beat. Now, keep in mine, I don't have any kids. That means I didn't have to wake them up, get them ready, and get them fed. I didn't have to get them ready for a game. I didn't have any rascals in the car (unless you count the college aged sister-in-law). No whining, crying, or arguing.

So, to those of you who are parents out there, my hat is off to you.

No comments: