Saturday, June 25, 2005

Wifi deprived

I was completely deprived of an internet connection the last few days. The few I found (Milwaukee airport, hotel) I couldn't get to work. I twitched a little, but I made it through okay.

The business side of the trip was good. Interestingly, though, I think it was cooler in central Florida than it was here in Wisconsin. And while I was looking forward to a lightning display in the lightning capital of the world, I did not see one bolt. I got back to Wisconsin, and it was bolts a plenty as I drove from Milwaukee to home. Morale of the story-there isn't one.

I had an interesting conversation with a fellow from the Left Coast while I was in Florida. He was of the opinion, from viewing satellite pictures at night, that everyone in the center of the country should be removed to the coasts (apparently living on a coast makes you more enlightened). The center of the country should then be made into a nature preserve and a giant corporate farm. That idea is somewhere to the left of Stalin.

No comments: