Saturday, August 14, 2004

Feingold Gets It?

While Russ Feingold always seems to be heavily challenged for his senate seat here in Wisconsin, the man has earned the respect of many of us, even those of us who oppose his politics. Washington Times has an excellent commentary today on why Feingold's position on Iraq was principled, and how that sheds the light on why the two Johns' positions were nothing more than an example of political expediency.

I stand to take a beating on this from my conservative friends, but depending on which Republican wins Wisconsin's primary, it is possible that I may vote for Feingold this fall. I'd much rather have a principled political opponent who is trying to do what he sees as the right thing than a RINO in one of Wisconsin's senate seats.

For the record, I still am vehemently opposed to much of Feingold's politics, especially the McCain-Feingold act.

No comments: