Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Pre-RNC Dispatch

Okay, given my tongue in cheek announcement that I was going to cover the pre-convention, I guess I should post a dispatch. Keep in mind I never ended up in New York.

Security is, of course, a huge concern, and it is prominent on most newscasts out of the city. The concern seems to be as much over the behavior of protestors as it is about terrorism, though, which I found a little surprising. The city is going to be about as secure as possible next week. If there were to be a terrorist attack, then our enemies are even more cunning than I thought they were. New York is going to be a very hard target. The protestors are another matter. They very likely will be making tremendous asses of themselves. I suspect the NYPD with have limited patience for them, and that will be the most unpredictable dynamic of next week's events.

Next week, as the protestors try to enact anarchy on the streets of New York, please let everyone you know who funded these law breakers (see my In Review, Part Deux post from July 21).

No comments: