Tuesday, July 11, 2006

E.72

This is an alcoholic who doesn't screw around:
According to Neddermeyer, he showed up for work on April 21 and saw that there had been a spill of fuel alcohol. Hundreds of gallons of 190-proof alcohol were held in a 6-inch-deep holding pond that was about 30 feet by 24 feet.
[...]
"I am a recovering alcoholic, and I thought about the availability of this alcohol throughout the day," he wrote in a statement later provided to state officials. "Curious about the taste and its effects, I dipped into this lake of liquor and drank what I considered to be 2 to 3 ounces. The next thing I remember is waking up in Crawford County Memorial Hospital."

His blood alcohol content was .72! I once had a roommate that was so drunk that when he was puking, it just rolled out of his mouth and dribbled down his chin. We got him to a hospital 3 hours after he drank the vodka spiked beer that messed him up, and he was a little over .20. .72 is fraking pickled folks, and I mean pickled in the literal sense. They could have sold this guy as a cannibal bar snack at a BAC of .72.

No comments: