Friday, October 08, 2004

Final thoughts

Bush won this debate. He had even better substance than the first debate, and he was very comfortable within his skin. Whether liberals like it or not, more Americans like George W. Bush as he appeared tonight than dislike. John Kerry was John Kerry. A fine debater, but unconvincing and slightly snobby. I think Bush will resonate with core American values of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness (lower taxes, less government regulation) from this debate. I was trying so hard to keep up that I was unable to score a victory to each question, but I'd say it was Bush about 11 to 5. Running on a higher tax, more government, budget deficit reduction platform is a tough sell, and if Kerry wins on it, he may be the first person ever to do so.. Keep in mind, I was very critical of the President after the first debate, and I did not spin his performance in it. I'm confident that this is going to not only stem the Kerry momentum, but begin to reverse it. There is a lot now riding on the last debate for both men.

No comments: