Tuesday, October 12, 2004

The Packers

Wisconsin is seething right now. Before the season, I compared them to the 1983 Packers-a team that can score with the best of them, but can't stop anyone. I see that comparison was a mistake. At least the defense on that 1983 team fell down in front of ball carriers on occasion and managed to make a tackle. This is the worst defense I have ever seen on any NFL team. Ever. Period.

Coach Sherman is not going to be able to retain both the GM and Head Coaching job after this season. I'm not sure he should be allowed to keep either job. He's lost this football team, sin number one. His drafts have not been good, and I'm being generous with that. At the end of last season, he fired the wrong coordinator. The offensive coordinator was much more deserving of the axe. This is a terrible way for a great quarterback to go out.

1 comment:

Jib said...

Just can't get away from those swing states, Laura?

Yes, the secondary is terrible. I don't think Mckenzie was that big of a difference, although the talent does seriously fall off after Harris. I think the problem is that only the linebackers, Roman, and maybe KGB are playing hard right now. The rest of the defense seems to have given up. Without at least solid play from the d-line, the secondary becomes horribly exposed, especially with Sharper seemingly mailing it in.