Tuesday, April 05, 2005

I voted today. Have you?

Voting today was a pleasant experience, and it was over and done with in less time than it takes to order a Big Mac. I walked down to my local polling place and right up to the desk-no lines! I got my ballot, voted for the underdog, Gregg Underheim, in the State Superintendent of Schools race, voiced my opinion in several referendums and a few uncontested local and state races, and I was done. And it is a beautiful day to get out of the office or the house for a little while.

Do yourself a favor. Get outside and enjoy the weather before it rains and cools off. Maybe get an ice cream cone. Along the way, stop and vote. In these races with light turnout, your voice is all the louder, and the process is so simple and quick that you aren't out any more than 5 minutes of your day.

And of course, vote Underheim.

No comments: