Monday, March 14, 2005

A final look back at MSNBC inspired traffic


First, I'd like to thank MSNBC for one final time for the attention. As a stat watcher, I'm still kind of mesmerized by the bell shaped curve created by an MSNBC link. It went up on Wednesday. It didn't peak until Friday. If we treat 50 visitors per day as a Jiblog average, then MSNBC contributed to approximately 1000 hits to Jiblog. No small feat, and better than the early returns predicted. Just the same, it is interesting to note that a MSM entity venturing into the world of blogs has a smaller impact than a big blog like Instapundit or HughHewitt.com would.

Correction
I had invented a word, mesmeric, on accident. Spelling is now correct. The only reason I note this is because "mesmeric" makes me giggle, so I'm preserving it.

No comments: