Tuesday, March 29, 2005

I'm a great big sucker

This morning I was early for an appointment, so I parked in a Target parking lot near my appointment and read the paper while I waited. About five minutes before I had to get going, there was a knock on my window. I rolled it down to a nervous woman in her late 20's-early 30's. She told me that she had driven her husband to work and left her wallet at home, and her truck was on empty. She asked if I could help her with gas money (there was a gas station across the street), and if I could, she'd mail me the money back. So I did, and I gave her my business card. After that, she thanked me, saying that she was originally from Canada, and amazed at how nice Americans really were.

I told the lovely Mrs. Jib. If she could have slapped my head over the phone, she would have.

Time will tell. I'll let you know next week whether I was a nice guy who helped out another person in a jam, or if I'm just a dup. I'm leaning toward dup.

In a similar vein, I'm a sucker for a left of center site that blogrolls this well to the right of center web site. Tonight, I'm a sucker for The Vast Dairy State Conspiracy. It is now on my blogroll.

2 comments:

Paul said...

A six-pack says you get your money.

(Beer must be collected in person, and drunk with the loser.)

Jib said...

You're on.