Friday, March 17, 2006

Bloggers, back up your work

Some Blogger blogs went down tonight because of a filer problem. This blog was one of them. I had chalked it up to Blogger being Blogger until I read this at Instapundit:
I'm writing you because you seem to have a finger on the pulse of the blogger world and maybe know some way to help me or at least to get the word out so that maybe Blogger will help me.

My blog disappeared from Blogger some time Tuesday. All I ge is a message that my blog wasn't found on their server. When I go to my Edit page, it doesn't show Betsy's Page as one of my blogs anymore. It's as if my identity was erased.
That inspired me to back up everything here at Jiblog. It's probably a good idea for all Blog*Spot bloggers to do so. You never know when Blogger is going to commit hara-kiri and destory all of your work.

No comments: