Thursday, March 30, 2006

Prediction: Favre retires

How did John Derbyshire put it in one of his "Derb Radio" podcasts? It was something like, when everyone is of one opinion, I say bet the other way. That's my take on Brett Favre. Nobody really knows what is going on in his head right now, but the consensus is that "signs" point to him coming back to the Packers next year. Of course, that is always couched with a little statement of some sort that acknowledges that he could retire. I'm not seeing those signs as positively as others, and I'm concerned that Favre knows the Packers will be bad again next year. He's still has gas in the tank and is pretty healthy, but I don't think he'll come back to a team that has no shot.

So my prediction is this: Favre retires this weekend.

Of course, he could always end up deciding to give it one more year...

No comments: