Wednesday, March 15, 2006

On blogging, and the breathless waiters

Spivak and Bice today highlighted a post on the nature of blogging by Elliot. It is a good post on Elliot's part, but S&B picked it up largely because they think they are jabbing at bloggers by doing so. I particularly enjoy this line from the S&B post:
We expect this may offend a few bloggers, particularly those who think the world is breathlessly awaiting their thoughts about everything from the Iraq War to their favorite breakfast cereal.
I can't speak for anyone else, but I know for a fact that 3 of my 7 readers breathlessly await my next brilliant analysis. I know this because they've been parked in their cars out in front of my house, stalking me for months. When I post something new, their windows fog up. When it has been a while since I've posted, the fog clears from their windows, I can see their faces, and they are inevitably blue from waiting, breathlessly. Don't believe me? Read the comments on this post. Tee Bee once had to give Dean CPR when I snuck off on a business trip and couldn't post for a week.

On top of that, everyone clearly knows by now that I don't eat breakfast.

{/dripping}{/sarcasm}

No comments: