Monday, November 01, 2004

Jib, a racist?

This guy at watchingthewatchers.org seems to think I'm a racist because of my humorous tag line to this site, and because I think that elections should have, gasp!, standards. I also love his low expectations for the poor & minorities, because when I say that we need to have standards in elections, he automatically thinks that means the poor and minorities cannot meet those standards. I don't believe that for a second. Stupidity crosses all political, economic, and ethnic lines. Click the link to see the grenades he lobs at me. My response is there and also below:

Hmm, I must be really confusing for you then, considering I'm 1/4 Chippewa Indian, my father and his 11 brothers and sisters are 1/2 Chippewa, and my grandfather, who escaped from a Catholic boarding school and developed roots in Northern Wisconsin, was full blooded. I come from about as poor as it gets. I'm in the first generation of my family that didn't grow up in poverty, and for most of us (myself and my cousins), it wasn't by much. So you can take your "veiled racism" and stick it back from whence it came.

In addition, I have no idea where you get that analogy between my tag line, which is meant to be humorous (and also to rile uptight, humorless commentators such as yourself), and what is written in my site, and come up with the fact that I’m racist (or a “veiled” racist). Nowhere do I say anything about suppressing poor or minority votes. My point is that there need to be standards in order for any election to have legitimacy, and by standards, I mean proof of residency and properly filled out ballots. I don't care if you are rich, poor, red, white, green, blue or back, Democrat, Libertarian, or Republican, if you don't have proof of residency or if you don't fill out your ballot correctly, and your vote is still counted, then there is no credibility in the process because it becomes ripe for fraud.

3 comments:

Bat Guano said...

Jib,

You can offend some of the people all the time, especially those who do nothing all day except wait to be offended - so Fuhgeddaboutit.

Anonymous said...

You big racist. :P

The party of tolerance isn't so tolerant of other viewpoints...humor or no humor. d*ckheads!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for pinging my site, Jib. I appreciate that.

I actually am tolerant of other people's opinions, but I am also a d*ckhead, as was so eloquently put. I love it when the high-minded come out to play.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, your guy beat our guy, and so the world keeps turning. Funny how you said I think the minorities are stupid, when your post implied it and I responded, though. Whatever, it doesn't much matter, what with the new one-party system Shrub is implementing.

See you in Guantanamo,
~A!
http://watchingthewatchers.org