Sunday, November 21, 2004

Wisconsin Deer Hunters Hunted

Fox 6 News out of Milwaukee just reported during half time of the football game that someone is inetentionally shooting deer hunters in Sawyer County, which is about an hour and a half due north of Eau Claire. I'm trying to find out more about this, as I know several people who have cabins in that area of the state. I'm tempted to speculate, but I'm going to resist that urge until there is more information. All I'll say is that my first concern is that far northern Wisconsin has been a haven for radical eco-terrorist groups of late. More to come.

UPDATE:
Those I know are not answering phones right now. WTMJ out of Milwaukee reports that this may be over a dispute over hunting on private land. Early info link here. WTMJ is reporting that their information is second hand, but much more likely than my first fear, thankfully.

UPDATE:
5 dead, 3 injured, 1 man arrested.

No comments: