Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Somewhat stunned

I'm sitting here, over hearing all of the morning conversation going on around me. The topic of one of the conversations went to the election, and this is what I heard:

"Who d'ya thinks going to win?"

"Tough to say."

"Yeah, it's really a crapshoot. Who'd ya vote for."

"Well, I would've voted for Bush, but someone told me that he'd get to appoint a bunch of judges in the next 4 years. I'm not letting Dubya do that."

"So you voted for Nader?"

"Well, no. Someone else told me a vote for Nader is a vote for Bush, so I made sure my wife and I were in agreement, and I voted for Kerry."

I then began gnashing my teeth and pulling out my hair. Bush can make an appointment, but Congress has to approve it. We've all seen what the Dems in Congress do to hold up appointments of judges. That should not even be in the top ten list when it comes to making a decision for President. Congress has too much power over that decision.

No comments: