Tuesday, November 30, 2004

What the hell was she thinking, or Mama She's Crazy


Okay. We have one smokin' hot young teacher. We add in one 14 year old boy who must have been thinking he's luckiest sumbitch on the face of the earth. Result: another student-teacher sex scandal. I don't know about anyone else, but my first thought and my last thought on this case is always "What the hell was she thinking". Because of that, I'm going to entertain the possibility she was loony at the time, which is the case it sounds like her lawyers will present. But even if it proves true that she was insane at the time she did this, don't feel sorry for her. There is only one person to feel sorry for, the unluckiest sumbitch on the face of the earth, her soon to be ex-husband.

(Image found at ABC Action News, Tampa-St. Petersburg)

1 comment:

Jib said...

J., you bring up some valid points. I know that if I had a teacher that looked like that when I was 14, I'd have had a huge crush, not to mention all the other raging hormone issues that 14 year old boys have. At the same time, a sexual relationship of that type has to have a serious effect on the emotions of a 14 year old. I undervalued that in this post. I still think that this is the result of some sort of mental illness on her part. The problem is that in this post sexual revolution age, you can't call any kind of deviant sexual behavior a mental illness. That's probably a good thing, because if these events were consider the result of a mental illness, a lot of people would be getting off easy for sexual crimes. Just the same, this is a woman who has the looks to get almost any guy she wanted if she just had to step outside of her marriage, and she chose a 14 year old boy. Who in their right mind does that? I'm not saying she should get off the hook with an insanity defense. I'm not even saying she should be found clinically insane at the time of the crime. I'm just saying she's nuts.