Tuesday, November 02, 2004

My deed is done

I cast my vote first thing this morning. In fact, I got to my polling place 20 minutes before it opened. There was no line yet, so I sat in my car, listening to the morning news. Ten minutes before the polls opened, I got out of my car to walk up to the building, and was a little stunned to see a line half a city block long. By the time the polls opened, the line was over a city block long. I'll give the poll workers credit, though. It was a very quick and efficient process, although it still bothers me to no end that I did not have to show ID or proof of residence. All I had to do was state my name and address.

As I left, WTMJ NBC-4 out of Milwaukee asked me to participate in their exit poll. I told them to bugger off. I kind of regret that a bit now. If NBC screws up their Wisconsin exit polls, I could be partly to blame.

No comments: